The Baldwin City Barracuda swim team through the Baldwin City Recreation Commission is a developmental program that strives to develop swimmers in a positive environment. Our goal is to provide a program that is a support system that will meet the needs of all our swimmers. We stress hard work and dedication not only in the pool but within all other aspects of their lives. We welcome all levels of swimmer from beginner to advanced. Successful swimmers need to master essential life skills; skills like time management, dedication, commitment, goal setting and especially, goal completion. The only requirement swimmers need to meet is that they must be able to freestyle swim 25 meters. Our volunteer coach, Melissa Stultz, will work with your swimmer to develop them to be the best they can be and have fun in the process.
Swim Requirements: Must have completed Level 3 of swim lessons or be able to swim the length of the pool, unassisted using the front stroke, back stroke and have knowledge of how to swim the breast stroke. This is NOT a swim lesson class, if your child can’t perform the requirements then they can’t participate.
- Registration begins May 1-19, 2023
- Important Parent Meeting May 24, 2023; 6pm; located at the pool
- Fee: $80
- Season: May 30, 2023 to July 15, 2023
- Practices: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 to 6:45 pm at the Baldwin City Pool
- Swim Meet Days: Wednesday's
- Coaches: Melissa Stultz
- Championship Meet: Saturday, July 15; Baldwin City
- League Participants: TBD